ABOUT US


  
About Us

The members of the club are from all walks of life, young and old, fit and not so fit.  We have one thing in common – we enjoy archery. Some members are keen to progress and shoot in competitions while others prefer a more relaxed approach and enjoy the shooting and the company of friends.  The club is based in Scorton. 

The present club was started on 19th January 1951 with just twenty members and there are now around 50, including a junior section.
The club has links to the past and of course the Scorton Silver Arrow.

The details of the current committee are:

Chairman – Karl McCoubrey
Secretary – Nigel Frew-McGill
Treasurer – Janice McCoubrey
Maintenance Officer - Clive Kerfoot
Young persons Welfare Officer - Martin Usher
Website Officer - Jill Suffield

 The club initially practices archery in a field at Tancred Grange off the Richmond road until 1956 when the venue was moved to the archery field at the east end of the village by kind permission of St John of God Hospital and where the club remains to this day.  The club is affiliated to GNAS and open to adult and junior members who meet every week to practice archery.  Certain club tournaments are held each year at which trophies and awards are competed for by club members af all levels and skill.